Section 1: Acceptance
Section 2: Connections with Hatena and Nintendo.
Sudomemo has not and does not receive official endorsement from either Nintendo or Hatena. This service is solely provided and paid for by Austin Burk and run by staff (“Team Sudomemo”) with help from community donations. It is not managed in any way by Flipnote Hatena or Nintendo staff; any content that has been uploaded by staff has been uploaded in their spare time outside of working hours, where they do not represent either company.
Section 3: Uploaded Flipnotes and Content.
1. Flipnotes and other content posted to Sudomemo may be used by Team Sudomemo at any time for purposes such as promotions or demonstrations.
2. Users also acknowledge that Flipnotes and other content uploaded to the Sudomemo service may be revised or changed by other users (as ‘spin offs’) and be published (in whole or in part and including any modifications thereof) either on Sudomemo or elsewhere freely.
3. By uploading a Flipnote or other content, a user understands that they must own – or obtain – all rights and permissions necessary to post that Flipnote or other content. This can include copyrighted characters or assets, soundtracks, likenesses, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. If a user uploads a Flipnote or other content displaying other people, it is necessary for that user to obtain their permission beforehand.
4. Each user is solely responsible for:
(i) Interactions and exchanges of information with other users from their username.
(ii) The Flipnotes or other content they upload to Sudomemo through their username.
Therefore, users have the responsibility to make sure that other persons connecting to and using Sudomemo with their system/username are aware of the rules.
5. ‘Censoring’ parts of Flipnotes or other content that are against the rules of Sudomemo does not serve as a means for them to be acceptable. Such methods may include hiding offending content behind black bars, or by claiming that the content is something else. Similarly, adding a warning about inappropriate content – even in the thumbnail of a Flipnote – will not prohibit the rules of Sudomemo from being applied.
6. Team Sudomemo assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Sudomemo service. It is therefore the responsibility of each user to ensure that the Flipnotes and other content that they post is lawful and does not infringe on any third party’s rights.
Section 4: Community Guidelines (the ‘Rules’)
1. Prohibited Uses. The following activities are strictly prohibited when using Sudomemo:
1-1. Infringement of proprietary rights, such as copyrights, trademarks, and patents.
1-2. Violation of another person’s publicity, privacy or portrait rights.
1-3. Conduct that damages someone’s reputation (this includes impersonating another person), or is an obstruction of business.
1-4. Fraudulent activities.
1-5. Accessing/hacking the account of another user, damage or destruction of computer systems and any other criminal activity including illegal access to others’ computers or Nintendo DSi/3DS systems.
1-6. Any other criminal or illegal activity.
In addition, Flipnotes or other content that contains the following is not allowed on Sudomemo:
1-8. Advance notice of a crime, instructional information about criminal activities or actions that may initiate a crime.
1-9. Discrimination/abuse towards any group or individual based on race, nationality, religious belief, gender, social status, place of residence, physical characteristics, medical history, education, assets or income.
1-10. Gore, or other shocking content. This includes blood or content related to suicide.
1-11. Sexual words or innuendos, as well as actions related to or performed with the intention to induce sexual relations or other obscene activities.
1-12. Profane, vulgar, or obscene content.
1-13. Ethically vulgar, harmful or rude content and offensive subject matter that promotes hatred, and the circulation of information referring to pornography or prostitution.
1-14. Nuisance, harassment, slander and defamation of another person, or actions which cause mental anguish or financial loss.
As previously stated, Team Sudomemo reserves the right to decide whether Flipnotes and other content are appropriate and compliant with these rules in respect of violations other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to the activities listed above. Team Sudomemo may remove a Flipnote or other content from Sudomemo and/or terminate a user’s access for uploading such material, without prior notice.
Section 5: Making Claims of Infringement
If you believe that any material on the Sudomemo service infringes upon your copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, publicity rights, privacy rights, portrait rights or any other of your proprietary rights, you may contact Team Sudomemo by means provided elsewhere on this site.
Section 6: Miscellaneous.
1. Team Sudomemo reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of Sudomemo at any time and undertakes no obligations to preserve or provide access to any Flipnote or other content.
Section 7: Authority and Jurisdiction
Last Updated October 19th, 2019